Take notice, y'all Secret Police sons of bitches (this dishonorific not meant as gender-specific.):
We're not sure where you're from, but around here, secrecy in government would be our own worst enemy, so we don't allow it. A truly free, informed People like we are can manage our affairs nicely, thank you, without your very dubious 'assistance.' We're actually competent at figuring out what's good for us, what's the smart decision in any given case. Should we decide to do something stupid, we goddamned sure won't need any help from the likes of you. This may come as a great surprise to you who pose as Intelligence Experts, but you'll get over this shock if you live long enough to wise up, and we hope you do. We also look forward to seeing you indicted, charged, arrested, tried by Due Process, convicted of some of the horrific crimes of which you are manifestly guilty, then appropriately sentenced, and we're working on it. We strongly suggest it might help your likely legal difficulties if you now (now) find the nearest whistle and blow the crap out of it, just like your life depends on it. With feeling. You can see, can you not, that we are not holding our breath?
Unlike yourselves, we abide by the Law -- we stop on the red and go on the green -- simply to get along. This is a Basic Awareness kind of deal, and you need to be taking notes. You will be tested.
Let's be doubly clear, for the benefit of your many belabored 'analysts:'
- Secrecy is the dark enemy of any enlightened People. Ben Franklin clearly warned the new Republic against it to start with. Mr. Franklin had observed first-hand for some years how the monarchies of Europe worked it. He cautioned that once 'covert' actions were allowed, they quickly become the MAIN behavior of renegade governments. Good call, Ben.
- Secrecy got the corpirations enthroned in the United States, as announced then by Abe Lincoln in 1865, to the destruction of our democratic Republic. Really.
- Secrecy has kept that dire turning point very well camouflaged even to this day.
- Secrecy brought us all this War Business -- ALL if it, to ALL of us --demanding ever more secrecy, and not a lick of it justified, ever.
- Secrecy is the servant of traitors and other unfaithful cowards; corrupt politicians; embezzlers; blind-side 'economists;' lawyers; thieves; bushwackers; the extremely filthy rich; and other species of criminals, and no one else. If you've a fondness for secrecy, you are counted in this disgusting company; congratulations are not in order, but arrest warrants are.
- Secrecy gets our Presidents murdered, among many others, followed by horseshit cover-stories instead of Justice.
- Secrecy allowed a Presidential election to be stolen from beneath our noses, letting a witless clown into the White House.
- Secrecy let that same unelected, witless clown lead us into war on Iraq based on 'intelligence' which ranged all the way from POOR to NONE.
- Secrecy cost us 60,000 Americans, and counting, in the likewise needless Viet Nam conflict, along with millions of that country's People.
- Secrecy enables the label of War to be applied to belligerent U.S. actions unsupported by any legal Declaration of War, the lack of which renders all such actions War Crimes...the list of which is too long to discuss here.
- Secrecy has acted as cover for acts of Terror against those on that list, against the People there and their governments, thereby sponsoring and exporting Terrorism, usually under the Stars and Stripes, no matter at all what you call it.
- Secrecy has made our country hated, feared and ridiculed for the most revolting, compelling reasons, in almost every corner of our little Globe, the opposite of security.
- Secrecy is also the opposite, the amputation of intelligence.
- Secrecy gets the American Revolutionary TIP (Turd in Punchbowl) Award as a kind of life-time achievement prize...for all of History.